Labouchere Betting System
Henry Labouchère was a stuffy rich Victorian era politician with a love of roulette, journalist and theatre producer that created a system of betting called the Labouchere betting system. Some people say that it is complicated system. But when explained properly, it is quite easy to follow and we show below.
The Labouchere Roulette Betting System Explained
The Labouchere roulette betting system uses even the money bets on red/black, even/odd and high/low to make a predetermined amount of profit in every game session.
- Players first decide how much they want to win and then come up a series of numbers that total the amount they want to win.
- Bets amounts are determined by adding the first and last numbers in your number sequence.
- If the bet is won, those numbers are crossed off the list and next first and last number are added together for the following bet.
- When there no more numbers left, you have won your desired amount.
- When you lose, that bet amount is placed at the end of your number sequence.
This is a “negative progression” betting system because you increase your bet after a loss. Other negative betting systems include the Martingale System and the D’Alembert System. In fact, this system is sometimes called the Split Martingale System as well as the Cancellation System and the American Progression.
The major downfall of these systems are losing streaks and house betting limits. When you encounter a losing streak of three times, you have already lost a considerable amount that keeps getting exponentially bigger as you continue to lose. The system falls apart when you need to more more than the house limit.
An Easy Way To Win
When you win a lot of bets in a row, it seems like the system really works. Here is just one example of a quick winning session.
- You want to win $100 and have decided to use 10,20,10,10,10,10, 20,10, as your number sequence because they all add up up to $100
- Your first bet is the total of the first 10 in your number sequence plus the last 10 for a bet amount of $20
- You win that bet. Now you can take off both the first and last numbers of your original number sequence and you are left with 20,10,10,10,10, 20,
- You may be feeling lucky. That is a good thing, because your second bet consists of your new first and last numbers are each 20 which adds up to a $40 bet. Maybe next time you will spread out those bigger numbers.
- But hey! You won that bet too! Now you can remove both the first and last 20 in your number sequence and you are left with 10,10,10,10,
- Great. you took a chance and won, but now you are playing it safe because the next first & last numbers are each 10 and total only $20 for your third bet amount.
- You rock! You won again and can remove first and last 10 in your series and are left with 10, 10, for a fourth bet total of only $20 again.
- Oh my! You won all fours bets, completed your numbers sequence and have met your goal of a $100 win – this system must really work!
An Easy Way To Lose
The first time you tried this system you won! So now you are going to try to win another $100 using the same number sequence of 10,20,10,10,10,10, 20,10,
- Once again, your first & last numbers in the series are 10 and 10 which adds to a total of $20 for your first bet.
- Oh oh, you lost! Now you have to add that $20 to the end of your number sequence and now have a new series 10,20,10,10,10,10, 20, 10, 20,
- Your first & last numbers in the new series are 10 and 20 which adds to a total of $30 for your second bet.
- Oh oh, you lost again and now down by $50! Not only that, but you now have to add that 30 to the end of your number sequence which is now 10,20,10,10,10,10, 20,10, 20, 30.
- Your first & last numbers in the new series are 10 and 30 which adds to a total of $40 for your third bet.
- Too bad. You lost again and are down by $90. You know what to do now. You add 40 to the end of your number sequence which is now 10,20,10,10,10,10, 20,10, 20, 30, 40.
- Your first & last numbers in the new series are 10 and 40 which adds to a total of $50 for your fourth bet.
- What is going on? You lost your fourth bet and are now down by $140 – this system sucks!
- If you have learned your lesson you will quit when you are behind by only $40 over two sessions. But if you need more convincing lets keep going!
- 10,20,10,10,10,10, 20,10, 20, 30, 40, 50 Fifth Bet $60
- Lost again, down by $190 – 10,20,10,10,10,10, 20,10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 Fifth Bet $60
PS: Check out the web story too!